We want to enable as many organisations as possible to join the lottery as a good cause. As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005) we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your organisation must:
- Provide community activities or services within East Hampshire District, which are of benefit to the residents of East Hampshire District
- Have a formal constitution or set of rules
- Have a bank account requiring at least two unrelated signatories
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
And be either:
- A constituted group with a volunteer management committee with a minimum of three unrelated members that meets on a regular basis (at least three times per year)
- A registered charity, with a board of trustees
- A registered Community Interest Company, and provide copies of your Community Interest Statement, details of the Asset Lock included in your Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a copy of your latest annual community interest report
Schools may apply for extracurricular activities that do not form part of the core offer provided by the school and that benefit the wider community.
Churches and Faith groups may only apply for projects that are open to the wider community where the primary aim of the project is not to promote any religion or faith.
You will be asked to commit to using the marketing materials provided and other means of communication to achieve at least 20 ticket sales within four weeks of being provided a page on the site.
We will not permit applications from:
- Groups promoting a particular religious, faith or political belief or activity unless the projects are open to the wider community where the primary aim of the project is not to promote any religion or faith.
- A campaign that does not directly relate to the provision of community activities or services within East Hampshire District
- Organisations that do not do work within the boundaries of East Hampshire District
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- Organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC)
- Statutory authorities, including Parish and Town Councils are not eligible to be a good cause
We are also unable to accept applications that are incomplete.
The council reserves the right to reject any application for any reason without offering an appeals process.
The council will reserve its rights to not accept or cease to license any organisation with a minimum of 7 days notice for any reason. If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected cessation will be immediate.